To publish a new book
This page is the book publishing monitor.
'Designing Lightness; structures for saving energy' is the working title of a new book on the design of lightweight and composite structures. This is urgent, since it serves to save materials and energy, and therefore precedes the conventional approach to sustainability, which focuses on symptoms rather than causes of environmental overload. The book aims to be clear to all designing disciplines and create an understanding between them. 'Designing Lightness' is a solid update of its predecessors 'Lightness' and 'Flying Lightness'. You can leaf through them on the info/contact page.
320 pages full colour images text ratio: 50/50
hardcover 170 x 240 mm
minimum 2500 copies
Funding is now in effect, thanks to CompositesNL, Firma Woord en Daad and Nai010Publishers!
The book is intended to be presented at the international composites fair JEC on March 3d 2020.
We are approaching extra money providers from our network.
Looking for fans, supporters & experts
To organize events around the publication we are looking for professionals with different backgrounds who are enthusiastically engaged in the development and promotion of of lightweight solutions. If you want to share your involvement with others, 'Designing Lightness' can be a very good introduction or a first step.
Partner always get 10 copies of 'Designing Lightness'.
- Name published in book and on website
- Logo in book and on website
- Luxury partner gets own bookmark, or special packaging per book. Extra costs depending on execution
- Content partner gets logo listing in the book, copies and a contribution with a case study, advice, knowledge sharing and images. Editing by mutual consent. Costs depend on implementation
- Brand edition: partner gets own version, separate from sponsoring trade edition, with exclusive part of the book. Book concept by mutual consent. Example: name/ logo on cover, main page, paragraph, chapter. Editing by mutual consent
- On stage: Partner feature during book presentation with poster/ boarding/ stall. Costs depend on context and wishes.
- Material researchers
- Vehicle designers
- Packaging designers
- Product designers
- Policy makers
His inspirational and organizational quality has earned Adriaan Beukers, Professor Emeritus in Composite Materials and Structures at The TU Delft, various awards. Publishing Lightness; the inevitable renaissance of minimum energy structures was one of them. He is distinguishes himself through his ability to perceive broad temporal and cultural relationships concerning pragmatic technological problem solving.
Ed van Hinte
Trained as an industrial designer Ed van Hinte is mainly interested in exploring ways to reduce material flows and energy consumption, while still maintaining the convenience, magic and style that humans desire. He has a good international reputation as a critical advocate of sustainability. He covers all aspects of design, technical, ephemeral, large and small. He has been awarded for his writings several times.
Studio Renate Boere
Visual communication is a discipline in which Renate Boere is well versed. She designed many art books and publications about design and education. With her studio assistants she develops solutions because for which she recently got two international awards. Together with Ed van Hinte she initiated DRS22 in The Hague, a design research facility focusing on communication and lightweight structures.